View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 02:08 AM
pelked1
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Biggest stereo bang for the buck mod

Originally Posted by danimal
Did any of you know that the subs will VIBRATE your teeth and THUMP you in the back, without distortion in the mid and high range? I actually had to decrease treble to 0 to even it out. I'm actually excited to pump up the volume again instead of groaning over the muddled mess from before.
Ya, those two little subs back there really can put out some serious bass. I couldn't believe it at first myself either. They can really rock.

I am ecstatic that you found the mod to be so effective!

I agree with what you have found...and that is that the factory stereo system is actually quite a little powerhouse...without a real need to upgrade. Sure, the Becker head unit isn't the best quality sounding unit out there, but it really cleans up a lot that is wrong with it with just this little mod.

If you are a real car stereo enthusiast, you will still want more, but for the rest of you interested in better performance without much time/money investment, you should really go for it.

Here is another source for the capacitors. These are marketed as "Bass Blockers" and can be found at several sources. These are nothing more than a capacitor prewired for you. This link from Crutchfield would be the model best for our application:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sYBvcdB...bass+blocker
This Bass Blocker model is a 250uF capacitor. At $10 a pair, it still is a relatively inexpensive way to go, although you could go to Amazon and get a pair of 250uF's for $6.

Good luck to all!