Old 10-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Kleito
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: 8th Annual Spring 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-April 3, 4, 5 - 2015

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
****This thread under construction but feel free to post your attendance. I'd like to get your name(s) as well as City and State as well.****

Come to the 7th Annual Spring 2014 CROSSFIRE

"Tail of the Dragon"
GTG
April 3,4,5 - 2015
(Low room rates available from March 30 to April 8th - so come early and stay late!)

Once again, your event coordinator will be the fearless and often ticketed Pizzaguy. THIS TIME, maybe I will actually attend and NOT end up in the hospital.

Please post in this thread if you will be attending and I'll put you on the list in post #2

Please give me your name(s) and if you are bringing more than one Crossfire - each CAR gets an entry in the list!

This is also the thread to ask any questions about the event. This get-together (GTG) is for drivers of all skill levels and driving interests. Route leaders will be taking small groups (up to 14 cars) on routes and runs that vary from a relaxing drive in the mountains, to those that might make some passengers (and even DRIVERS) a little queasy.

Enjoy the accommodations at the Fontana Lodge Resort in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina.
Enjoy meeting other members and some incredible driving in groups around the Smokey Mountains.

Fontana Village Resort. A Great Smoky Mountain Destination!
^^^That line is a link^^^
in the Mountains of North Carolina
(off HWY 28 just 9 miles south of the Dragon's South end)

Mapquest Link

Set your GPS to:
300 Woods Rd.
Fontana Dam, NC
This should bring you directly to the Fontana Lodge

Room reservations are now being accepted !!

Just call (800) 849-2258 and ask for the reservations desk.
Tell them your booking with the "Chrysler Crossfire Group" to be certain to get our group rate.
Our discounted lodge rates are $84.00 (with Our Crossfire Group discount)

PET RULES AT FONTANA LODGE
$150 non refundable pet deposit for Lodge rooms.
This has been a strict policy for 5 years now and has been implemented by the owners of the property
We are sorry for the inconvenience this may cause some of our members and Gary tried to negotiate but was unsuccessful.
There may be cabins available that are pet-friendly, but availability is limited and the price won't be $84.00 a night.

The lodge also operates a campground less than three miles from the lodge - call the lodge or click the link above the picture of the pool (above) for details.

Cancellation Policy
Reservations canceled more than 30 days in advance of arrival are subject to a $50.00 cancellation fee which will be retained from the deposit.
Reservations canceled within less than 30 days of arrival will forfeit the full deposit.
Please be aware that reservations that are shortened within the 30 day time frame will be charged for any days dropped.
This is their official policy, but they have been known to be forgiving and flexible with a group as large as ours.

IF YOU MUST CANCEL AT THE LAST MINUTE:
Please keep in mind that we always have last-minute attendees looking for a place to stay (and the lodge WILL be booked as we near the first of April). If you must cancel, announce it in this thread so that those who want to go can 'buy' your room from you! Once they paypal you (or whatever) you can call the lodge and ask them to give your room to the other guest.

****IN ROOM COFFEE !****
Some of you were a bit disappopinted that there was no in-room coffee - that has been addressed. As I left the lodge after the Fall 2014 Dragon, I signed the contract for this meet. My contact told me that all rooms "should have coffee makers in them" as free coffee in the lobby is a thing of the past. They made the change due to customer complaints!

The VW R32s and the Genesis coupes will be there that weekend as well - get a room while they are easy to book!

Charlie & Marilyn will attend / Kennesaw, GA