View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 01:06 PM
squat6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Engine Light and Spoiler

I have a 2005 Base which has now been upgraded in many ways all at the same time. Battery has been upgraded - Optima, car has been chipped (PowerChip), K&N air filters, new stereo system (Pioneer head, Satellite radio, Rockford Amps/Sub, upgraded speakers in doors and additional speakers behind seats), doorsills, Sun HyperVoltage System, Tint, Fog Lights, upholstery, etc. There has not been much that has not been touched.

Here is the question...The check engine light appeared after the car was started the second time (it did not appear initially) also the spoiler went up and has stayed up. All wiring has been checked. The car is still not complete and therefore has not been driven. Will the spoiler and the check engine light clear up after the car has been driven? From what I have heard, the car has to "learn" all over again since the battery has been swapped. The shop where the car is at does exceptional work and I trust no one else. The car looks outstanding thus far. I appreciate any feedback that might help or any comments from any one that may have experienced the same.