Old 12-03-2014, 09:46 AM
boostmonkey
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Should I get an SLK 250 to replace the Crossfire?

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Other than being considered as one of the 10 most unreliable cars on the road,,,go for it.
The 10 Least Reliable Cars | Car Reliability - Consumer Reports News
Consumer Reports seems to be 100% wrong compared to my experiences. I never trust their opinions.

Originally Posted by Oconnom
Not unless you are planning a sex change !
A little close to home for someone driving an R170 (SLK) isn't it?

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
A minor point sir. there are two Benz vehicles on the bottom ten list. A Benz is no longer the great "only the best or nothing" it used to be.

Best engineered cars in the world, built with the cheapest parts.
We are all driving , and fixing, that same product line today.

After 25 years of being a Mercedes Benz fan, I don't enjoy saying it, but the luster is gone. Unless they get back to what made them the best,, a rock solid reliable car,,I will not put another Benz in my driveway.

I don't know. When do you think that changed? I have 3 Benzs and they have been the most reliable cars I have ever owned (of many). I have a first-year 1998 ML320 that had a reputation for bad reliability, but 16 years and 220,000 miles later and it is just a rock solid vehicle.

Originally Posted by syfi
The BMW Z4 sDrive28i is a whole lot better roadster for the same price and offers 40 more hp w/o a turbo, retractable hard top, and is way sexier.

BMW Z4 sDrive28i - Model Highlights - BMW North America
Has BMW done anything to fix the dead steering? I test drove A Z4 a few years ago when the current generation came out. The R170's steering was maligned in reviews compared to the Z3, but that was then and the R170's steering is way better than the Z4 I drove.