Old 01-03-2015, 01:15 PM
TexasSRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Heaters in Racing Seats using Factory Switch How-To

I have done a little write up of installing seat heaters into aftermarket racing seats using the factory switches and wiring. I wanted racing seats for a while now but the wife WILL NOT go without seat heaters, not saying I don't enjoy them too. Considering my drivers side heater stopped working about a month ago I figured it was a good time for the swap. Hope this helps someone else out considering I have gained an abundance of info from this site.

First you need to pick up some hog ring pliers and a bag of hog rings. They are available at most large upholstery supply stores or online. I have also bought a set at Lowes before but they were poor quality and hard to use.

Here is a view of the bottom of the racing seat.

Here is what you will see after you peel back the velcro fabric piece.

You will need to cut all the factory hog rings holding the front and sides of the seat bottom, enough for you to pull the material (fabric, leather, vinyl, ect.) off the foam

Here is what you should see after cutting the hog rings and pulling the fabric back from the seat bottom.

Now you will feed one of the seat heater elements into the seat bottom feeding the wiring out the back. Pull the material back down over the foam and re-install the hog rings you cut off previously.

Now you can begin the seat back, the hog rings are located between the seat back and the seat bottom. If you fold the seat back forward or adjust the seat back all the way forward you can usually access these hog rings. Cut the hog rings to seperate the two pieces of material apart.