Old 01-04-2015, 09:22 PM
TexasSRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Seat Heaters in Racing Seats using Factory Switch How-To

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
Works for me.
~edit~ I see the link was updated after noon today...so it may have been fixed between when you tried, and now.

Question for the OP. What sliders and brackets did you use? Do these seats sit higher or lower than factory?

I used the sliders that came with the seats, the brackets I built myself. I was going to do a write up on the brackets but I figured anyone with a welder and a torch could probably figure it out. And to tell you the truth, for the money I spent on materials it wasn't much cheaper than what Needswings sells the brackets for. They state they are for Recaro or Sparco seats but most racing seats mount in a similar location and the slider usually have a few different holes front to rear for different mounting brackets. The only issue would be side to side mount but it would still be easier to start with the Needswings brackets and work off a good starting base.

Height wise I would estimate about an inch more head clearance, 1-2 inches of leg room and 100% more comfort from the new seats. After about an hour of driving with the old seats my right leg would start bothering me, after driving back home 7 hrs it would be killing me the whole weekend. After driving it these last couple weeks with the new seats I haven't had any problems.