Old 01-24-2015, 07:36 PM
latemodel21
Forum Regular
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: Paddle shifter install instructions completed

My favorite way to do this is to
1) move the wheel all the way out towards the driver and flip lever to "high beam"
2) wrap a towel around a piece of 2x4 and insert between lever and dash
3) adjust steering back towards dash as required to make Canadian substitute for 2x4 fit properly (proper fit has first inch of lever exiting steering column at 90° to column
4) Get a baseline by measureing from the tip of the multifuntion lever to parting line of upper and lower dash (below and left of the lest most heater vent)
5) push lever until it is 1/4" (6.35 canadian feet) closer to previously mentioned parting line.
6) check feel and adjust further as necessary.

Cheers,
Chris

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I find that the multi-function switch and cruise levers hit the left hand paddle when pulled toward you and that if you really tried you could pull a lever and trap it behind the paddle while turning - not nice. Also the cruise resume (I think) position cannot be made because the lever will come back far enough to get to the resume switch position.

So I am going to bend the levers, some say they are painted aluminum and others plastic levers. Any tips in bending them? Taking the switches off the car would be best I guess, I just don't want to put undue pressure on the switch itself. Rudy used a heat gun and it worked.