View Single Post
Old 02-28-2015, 10:00 PM
Toolman
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Re: Windshield trim loose

Originally Posted by velociabstract
My windshield center trim has been singing in the wind for a while and my solution has been to tape it down. Today I had my windshield changed for the second time and the center section almost went awol on the way home. So, I need experienced opinions on a proper permanent solution. I've heard of using double sided tape, I don't see evidence of it being used from the factory however. Who has lived through this scenario and what was the resolution?

Les

I did not think the clips on the trim were attached by double sided tape from the factory. I bought a spare top piece and one clip was loose. I pried it off and found double sided tape. It's a perfect fit under the clip and with exact holes where the locating pins are. I was still skeptical about the tape coming from the factory. I've check other ebay windshield trim listings and have seen the same tape where the clips have come off. I don't know if a consumer can buy double sided tape that would be as strong as the factory. Then again, based on how many have come loose, that may prove it's not the best way to attach the clips. I was thinking epoxy was a better solution.

Last edited by Toolman; 02-28-2015 at 10:03 PM.