Old 03-06-2015, 09:09 AM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: EGR Not Ready, the valve have been replaced, drove 600 miles

Originally Posted by NetChain
I'm getting sick and tired of this problem, fellas.

I had EGR Not Ready status more than 1000 miles ago. Since then I replaced EGR Valve.
Just for the heck of it, I replaced the battery.
Also, a Mercedes specialized auto-shop has replaced spark-plugs and gaskets (as a part of a maintenance, since they couldn't find anything else wrong), they reset the computer and since then I drove about 600 miles.

And now we're back to the original problem that was never fixed - the EGR Data Not Ready.
There was never any error codes neither the check engine light was ever on.

I searched this entire forum as well as the Internet. I asked dozens of mechanics who specializes in Mercedes engines. I can't believe no one can give me a valid advice.

Please help. What else could be wrong with my car?
Forget what I said below, I have just seen your other post and it answered my questions, that's the trouble posting two threads. But a local garage that does pollution checks said that he had a customer that jumped through all the hoops to get rid of one final code and after a month or so it suddenly went away. Do not disconnect the battery by mistake before a test.

To get this back to the correct condition you have to drive the car at varying speeds, times and distances so that the pollution control can say that all is well. At least that is what I had to do to pass the pollution test here. I installed a battery before getting the test done and the car failed on a multiple of the tests. One by one they were passed as I drove the car more. If you are driving the same route all the time you may not meet all the time, speed and distance checks to eliminate this one final pollution check.
If you have no pollution test where you are you can forget this and just drive the car. The test would be failed if you do have to get the car tested.

You never said if this fault was ever cleared between now and back then.

Normally a 40 mile drive consisting of highway, freeway and stop and go traffic will get rid of the code though.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-06-2015 at 09:54 AM.