Old 03-20-2015, 01:46 PM
MiamiTVR
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: 2005 Graphite SRT-6 for sale, low mileage

Originally Posted by chuK_138
For comparison's sake, the one at Mecum Kissimmee this year had only 527 miles and brought a whopping $16,000. It only had a couple of door dings (small) on the driver's side.
I am not at all sure the relevancy of what an unknown possible sale of an auction car in Florida has to do with this car offered unless you happen to be or know the owner.

My experience with buying low mileage cars with a few years on them has taught me provenance is of utmost importance.

In 1987 I purchased one of the last 50 Lotus Elites imported in 1980. At the time it had a documented approximately 3,000 actual miles on it. But for the fact it had been tied up in court while Rolls Royce, Lotus, the dealer and the owner battled for those seven years and it had sat unloving parked outside in the Miami sun that might have been good news. There were some interesting stories with that one including it had the original oil filter still on it. I am sure some might think I got a great buy until the total cost of getting back on the road was factored in. I expensively learned there is no way to ever make up for an unloving owner.

Recently, I purchased a 2006 Jaguar with 11,000 miles on it. The greatgrannie who had owned it since new found it easier to get in and out of the Subaru she kept parked outside of the garage than this one which she kept inside. It is as new in all respects. This was her second V8 Jaguar and each service had been done by the calender at the delivering dealership. I looked her in the eye and saw the tears when she handed me the keys and skinny folder of history including the window sticker.

To think, it had nearly three times as many miles.....

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 03-20-2015 at 02:00 PM.