View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 08:57 PM
RED DOG
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Need help ASAP!!! Transmission limp mode

First, you need to be SURE that you have the proper fluid level in the transmission as improper fluid level will continue to throw the transmission into limp mode. I doubt you have a dip stick so how did you check that you brought the transmission fluid "to the appropriate level"?

The transmission control module is under passenger side floor where the radio amplifier is at. It doesn't sound like you were "in there". After replacing my conductor plate and still having the transmission in limp mode, I was able to fix the problem by removing the TCM, cleaning all the contacts thoroughly, putting it back in and hooking it back up. Try that . . . There is no retraining of the TCM and no codes are stored there. Just clean the contacts and the connectors and hook it back up. I would also suggest applying some dielectric grease (available at any decent auto parts store) on the connections. You MUST clear the P0715 code again (from the ECM) or the transmission will remain in limp mode. I suggest that you invest in a decent OBDII unit so you can read and clear codes yourself . . . it's a good long term investment.

DSCF0093.jpg

Pull down the carpet, pull down the foam plate. Remove 3 10mm nuts and pull down the metal plate shown above. The larger black box to the left of the radio amplifier is the TCM . . .

Here is a TCM for your reference . . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Crossfire-TCM-Transmission-Control-Module-Computer-/131451461865?hash=item1e9b1e20e9&vxp=mtr

Last edited by RED DOG; 04-07-2015 at 08:02 PM.