Old 04-16-2015, 10:44 PM
JEFASOLD
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: HOW do you change the fuel pump on a 2004 XFIRE??❓❓❓

Originally Posted by mobilefitt
Ok, now pump sounds like its working hard after a drive. I see what looks like a fuel pressure regulator on my 2005 roadster in the line already. I just read how the fuel filter has a regulator in it too. SO, does this copper regulator looking thing belong there or not?

Maybe it's an aftermarket check valve? The old filter looks just the same as the new one I put in, just different markings. I went with a non brand filter from china . I thought new cheap filter should be better than old stock filter.

I also did the fuel pump with an off brand model. Pump was working great, no noise until I changed the filter. I'm wondering if its the pump or the filter that is causing the excess noise after a highway speed ride. I can easily hear the pump from inside the car with the top up.

No regulator on stock Crossfires. If you are talking about the little metal pot in the fuel line, that is not a regulator, just a gizmo to capture air in the line. I'm not telling you what to do but going super cheap on these MBs is not the best way to treat our cars. Yes, the filter is regulated but not adjustable.

The following users liked this post:
×Crossfire1× (01-20-2023)