Old 05-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Robert Andrew
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Replacing Cupholder with Storage Bin / HOW TO

Originally Posted by usprb1976
Hi all... Thanks to SkineeMinee for the detailed cupholder removal instructions. I thought I would photograph the process to help others dealing with this. I knocked the front part of my cupholder off, and it will not stay closed without that part (annoying). So I decided to take it apart and disable the spring. Once I got it apart though, I realized I could fix it. Now it is back to being good as new and does not get stuck anymore. Make sure you clean all the parts well once it is opened up. Spilled soda = sticky parts. Good luck out there.
I repaired my cup holder in 20 minutes, with $.29 in parts. My cup holder had the hinge pins broken off, where it rotates up and down. I drilled a #40 pilot hole through the outside of the case that hold the cup holder, aligned with the holes where the hinge pins seated, and a #40 hole centered on the X shaped boss on each side of the cup holder, then drilled a clearance hole through the outside flange to allow the #6 x 1/2" screw head to pass through the outside flange on one side, and seat on the inner flange. The #6 x 1/2" metal screws replace the hinge pins and everything is good.

The following users liked this post:
×Crossfire1× (02-02-2023)