View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 10:18 AM
feets
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I finally did it. I got my SRT.

Originally Posted by buggy4crossfires
What's the Shelby worth on today's market? If its not a ton why not keep the car. It sounds to me like you've got a major soft spot for it and will probably regret the day you get rid of it if you do. How many of us look back on that one car we wish we still had and never sold? Mine was my very first new car, a 1973 TR6. I'm still searching for a perfect one to this day. Don't sell it unless its worth a bundle. With one driver and 4 or 5 cars the insurance can't be a fortune either. Keep it.
This is the second Shelby I've owned. I bought it as a do-it-yourself kit (completely dismantled) for $850. It'll probably sell between $1,200 and $1,500.
I really don't need the car when the SRT comes home. There's no point in keeping it. I'll have the twin turbocharged fuel injected 440 powered '65 Plymouth for playing and my BOMBed Cummins for heavy work and bad weather. I'll also be building another off road buggy with hand controls for the bro-in-law (paraplegic/amputee) and myself to go play with. This time, we'll skip the sport bike engine and tranny so we can drop in a 150+ hp Chrysler 2.2 turbo. It'll be lots of fun in an 800 lb toy. We've also got to finish building his trike (1,100 cc shaft drive and independent rear suspension).
Toss in the long hours in the auto industry and my personal business (home machine/fabrication shop) and there's really no time to spend messing with another car.

The hot rod (old pictures):

The buggy: