View Single Post
Old 07-07-2015, 02:05 PM
MiamiTVR
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Selling a car on eBay - Tips

Originally Posted by tonygg
Next week I will be posting my '82 Volvo for sale on eBay. It's a show car, mint, award winner...blah blah blah. I am reaching out to those that have sold a car in the past on eBay and have some advice to share, tips or frauds to be aware of, after the successful bidding, or "buy-it-now". Anything to do with the financial transactions that follow after the sale.
TIA

First of all I would suggest listing on swedespeed.com and the other half dozen or so Volvo enthusiast sites that allow you to do so without cost. Over the years I have bought and sold numerous uncommon Volvos on SwedeSpeed though for RWD Turbo Bricks might be a better spot.

80's Volvos are a sought after vehicle if in good shape and rust free. This is especially the case in the upper NW and NE parts of the US. If I only had proper storage I would be tempted. I miss my 76 265 and 80 262 Bertone and all the others.

Based on my eBay experiences I now limit bidders to those with five or more positive feedback ratings and no bid retractions. I also do not accept bids from out at sea and/or out of country bidders. A scam I have often seen is the bidder being from the opposite coast and coming with excuse after excuse to not get the deposit in and then just vanishing but I am not sure how to address that.

Great exposure on ebay it is just unfortunate it attracts lots of sleaze. I have seen dozens of auctions hijacked by fake bidders and "buy it now" buyers that failed to come through.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by MiamiTVR; 07-07-2015 at 02:07 PM.