View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 01:19 AM
Zoodust
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: More Dyno Numbers

Originally Posted by srtmodder
So from what I am seeing here and on another thread you posted on. It appears that I am going to need to build the motor, and upgrade the fueling before stacking the pulleys to hit the 400 mark safely and to go beyond that. Currently have the car at Eurocharged getting the intake manifolds, spark plugs, lower y-pipe, and catless downpipes installed. Already have a pulley and tune from them and the dcai. Plus supercooler/heat exchanger. Hell I believe I have all the mods you have other than the killer chiller.

Anything I am missing here? That 400 mark is just where I feel it will be the perfect amount. Well... until the bug bites me again to keep going.
Well i plan on going stacked as well so i kind of have a plan of a action as of how im going to go about it! Im OCD about my mods and i dont want to destroy an AMG engine so i do tons of research and dont go cheap lol. But yes, upgrading fuel system seems to be a MUST! Few guys around here have done it and usually use a better fuel pump, new 550 injectors, looped fuel rail, and colder plugs! Some even do more then that! Cooling is important to so you can avoid heat soak and to help engine timing and longevity! If you did no cooling mods you'd actually probably lose a good of amount of hp due to increase heat from the SC! I suggest minimum of supercooler and Killer Chiller and possibly methanol depending how extreme you want to go.. also a pulley saver kit and better serpentine belt is a must to to avoid slippage under WOT! For me, im getting custom grinded cams put in next year along with stacking the pulleys.. so ill probably invest in getting the reworked cylinder and valve setup from needswings to play it safe and so i can maybe run a small shot of NOS or use water meth along with it all... when done correctly with a correct tune you can expect 400-415whp pending on your motor.. i hope for 415-430whp off bottle by next christmas.. that would be 500 total hp at crank!
Rob from Needswings, Jerry from eurocharged, and boostmonkey on the fourms can go over and beyond to help you out with your plan and purchase! Awesome guys with tons on knowledge!