Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

More Dyno Numbers

Old 07-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Dyno Numbers

Dyno numbers were decent ! We hit 361/361! Pulls were made in 4th gear at 100mph! Thank god the AFRs looked pretty perfect, goal is to get to 400whp without NOS.
The 360/341 pull was with AC on to test killer chiller.. seeing the whp stayed the same I say it works, it just needs to be turned off during actual runs to reserve tq.
Mods are:
EC 65mm pulley
EC tune
NW DCAI
Teflon y pipe
NW Full replacement manis
Fluid ISO kit
Supercooler/Heat exchanger
Kincaid Killer Chiller
NW catless Downpipes

All stick fuel system and plugs

Attached Images
Old 07-13-2015, 02:40 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: More Dyno Numbers

Nice numbers.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:18 PM

What type of dyno is this on?

On a dynojet I put down 359/348 with just the EC Pulley, EC tune and NW DCAI. I have been looking at getting the y pipe, modified manis and catless next year.

Jerry recommend doing the pull in 3rd which is where I got my numbers above

Old 07-13-2015, 03:42 PM
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

very nice, if you recorded a data log on the dyno please post it up or email it over to me

Old 07-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice dyno graph! I'm looking forward to seeing some 1/4 data from the track.

Les

Old 07-13-2015, 09:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Zoodust.. Watch your rear view mirror. I'm coming up on you really fast. Squirrel Crusher

Old 07-14-2015, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zoodust
Dyno numbers were decent ! We hit 361/361! Pulls were made in 4th gear at 100mph! Thank god the AFRs looked pretty perfect, goal is to get to 400whp without NOS.
The 360/341 pull was with AC on to test killer chiller.. seeing the whp stayed the same I say it works, it just needs to be turned off during actual runs to reserve tq.
Mods are:
EC 65mm pulley
EC tune
NW DCAI
Teflon y pipe
NW Full replacement manis
Fluid ISO kit
Supercooler/Heat exchanger
Kincaid Killer Chiller
NW catless Downpipes

All stick fuel system and plugs
So from what I am seeing here and on another thread you posted on. It appears that I am going to need to build the motor, and upgrade the fueling before stacking the pulleys to hit the 400 mark safely and to go beyond that. Currently have the car at Eurocharged getting the intake manifolds, spark plugs, lower y-pipe, and catless downpipes installed. Already have a pulley and tune from them and the dcai. Plus supercooler/heat exchanger. Hell I believe I have all the mods you have other than the killer chiller.

Anything I am missing here? That 400 mark is just where I feel it will be the perfect amount. Well... until the bug bites me again to keep going.

Old 07-15-2015, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Nice dyno graph! I'm looking forward to seeing some 1/4 data from the track.

Les
Rob I will get the data sheet from the shop and will email it over to you as soon as i get it !

Old 07-15-2015, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by srtmodder
So from what I am seeing here and on another thread you posted on. It appears that I am going to need to build the motor, and upgrade the fueling before stacking the pulleys to hit the 400 mark safely and to go beyond that. Currently have the car at Eurocharged getting the intake manifolds, spark plugs, lower y-pipe, and catless downpipes installed. Already have a pulley and tune from them and the dcai. Plus supercooler/heat exchanger. Hell I believe I have all the mods you have other than the killer chiller.

Anything I am missing here? That 400 mark is just where I feel it will be the perfect amount. Well... until the bug bites me again to keep going.
Well i plan on going stacked as well so i kind of have a plan of a action as of how im going to go about it! Im OCD about my mods and i dont want to destroy an AMG engine so i do tons of research and dont go cheap lol. But yes, upgrading fuel system seems to be a MUST! Few guys around here have done it and usually use a better fuel pump, new 550 injectors, looped fuel rail, and colder plugs! Some even do more then that! Cooling is important to so you can avoid heat soak and to help engine timing and longevity! If you did no cooling mods you'd actually probably lose a good of amount of hp due to increase heat from the SC! I suggest minimum of supercooler and Killer Chiller and possibly methanol depending how extreme you want to go.. also a pulley saver kit and better serpentine belt is a must to to avoid slippage under WOT! For me, im getting custom grinded cams put in next year along with stacking the pulleys.. so ill probably invest in getting the reworked cylinder and valve setup from needswings to play it safe and so i can maybe run a small shot of NOS or use water meth along with it all... when done correctly with a correct tune you can expect 400-415whp pending on your motor.. i hope for 415-430whp off bottle by next christmas.. that would be 500 total hp at crank!
Rob from Needswings, Jerry from eurocharged, and boostmonkey on the fourms can go over and beyond to help you out with your plan and purchase! Awesome guys with tons on knowledge!

Old 07-15-2015, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
Zoodust.. Watch your rear view mirror. I'm coming up on you really fast. Squirrel Crusher
I gotcha man, your gonna have to be pretty quick

Old 07-15-2015, 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by bmaynard06
What type of dyno is this on?

On a dynojet I put down 359/348 with just the EC Pulley, EC tune and NW DCAI. I have been looking at getting the y pipe, modified manis and catless next year.

Jerry recommend doing the pull in 3rd which is where I got my numbers above
This was on dynojet! And those are great numbers for your listed mods, itsounds like you have a strong motor! And yes, you should get those mods! The manis and y pipe really make the car come alive top end! And i never tried 3rd gear pull.. so next time ill have to try that when its colder outside! Im pretty sure if it was cooler outside my 6 would have put up 375whp. the 100 degree Florida heat does not help lol

Old 07-16-2015, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zoodust
Well i plan on going stacked as well so i kind of have a plan of a action as of how im going to go about it! Im OCD about my mods and i dont want to destroy an AMG engine so i do tons of research and dont go cheap lol. But yes, upgrading fuel system seems to be a MUST! Few guys around here have done it and usually use a better fuel pump, new 550 injectors, looped fuel rail, and colder plugs! Some even do more then that! Cooling is important to so you can avoid heat soak and to help engine timing and longevity! If you did no cooling mods you'd actually probably lose a good of amount of hp due to increase heat from the SC! I suggest minimum of supercooler and Killer Chiller and possibly methanol depending how extreme you want to go.. also a pulley saver kit and better serpentine belt is a must to to avoid slippage under WOT! For me, im getting custom grinded cams put in next year along with stacking the pulleys.. so ill probably invest in getting the reworked cylinder and valve setup from needswings to play it safe and so i can maybe run a small shot of NOS or use water meth along with it all... when done correctly with a correct tune you can expect 400-415whp pending on your motor.. i hope for 415-430whp off bottle by next christmas.. that would be 500 total hp at crank!
Rob from Needswings, Jerry from eurocharged, and boostmonkey on the fourms can go over and beyond to help you out with your plan and purchase! Awesome guys with tons on knowledge!
Yeah I am not wanting to blow a motor and want to do it right. Thinking I need to get the killer chiller for some extra cooling since I already have the iso kit, supercooler, and the johnson cm/30 pump. But I remember talking to the guys at eurocharged once about our motors and they said some how that they are able to punch our motors out to a 3.7L. It would be a fully built motor but I am sure with everything done like that would bring out some damn good numbers especially with stacking and complete fuel upgrade. Im sure it would be outrageous for the build cost but it would be a hell of a ride I'm sure.

Only reason I asked him about a full built motor was because at one point I was about to drop the car off and do some extreme mods but the actual quote in the end for the build was well over double what I was estimated from them. Maybe some day though... Once another vehicle is in my possesion so it can be more toy than daily use.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by srtmodder
Yeah I am not wanting to blow a motor and want to do it right. Thinking I need to get the killer chiller for some extra cooling since I already have the iso kit, supercooler, and the johnson cm/30 pump. But I remember talking to the guys at eurocharged once about our motors and they said some how that they are able to punch our motors out to a 3.7L. It would be a fully built motor but I am sure with everything done like that would bring out some damn good numbers especially with stacking and complete fuel upgrade. Im sure it would be outrageous for the build cost but it would be a hell of a ride I'm sure.

Only reason I asked him about a full built motor was because at one point I was about to drop the car off and do some extreme mods but the actual quote in the end for the build was well over double what I was estimated from them. Maybe some day though... Once another vehicle is in my possesion so it can be more toy than daily use.
Hmm, I've heard talk from people boring, porting, stroking or whatever you want to call it to a 3.7. Never seen it done though personally! But with enough $$ anything is possible lol. The killer chiller is MUST man.. I made a post on the fourm here like last week on the killer chiller along with a demo video! You should go watch and check out that video to see how great it is !!