View Single Post
Old 07-20-2015, 11:21 PM
lovecross
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: HELP PLEASE!!! Rear Window fell out!!

Originally Posted by Goldwing
I gotta believe the windows fall out due to the build-up of heat in the car, which is consistent with Chrylser only covering the southern states (which are kinda hotter than the northern). Leaving windows cracked may help. Or better yet, I keep mine garaged with the top down most of the summer. Still knocking on wood that I avoid the problem. That strategy also minimizes wear/tear on those zillion moving parts and cables involved in lowering and raising the top.

The climate of the 9 selected States being THE factor causing Roadster detached rear windows has been the most discussed theory since 2009, when reports were becoming common, and weather may indeed hasten the failure of the adhesive and/or process that was used in manufacture. However, we are unaware of ANY official justification put forth from Chrysler as to their restriction to only the actual cars, by vin #, that were delivered in just those States.
What about the owner whose "northern" car had been located in Florida for the past 7 or 8 years but did not qualify for the special 2011 Warranty? Or what are the major climate differences in say Texas vs. Oklahoma, Tennessee vs. Kentucky, North Carolina vs. Virginia, Missouri vs. West Virginia?? And WHY did they skip Mississippi altogether??? We believe that say an Alabama car could have spent most of it's time in Minnesota and be covered under 10 year/100,000 mile free replacement, no questions asked. Why only the 2005's when other model years from the chosen States were denied? The Southwestern States are largely desert with consistent extreme heat and I believe the vast majority of Roadsters out here have had the same Chrysler Crossfire failure. I don't know of any other convertible, foreign or domestic, that has had a similar failure of the same magnitude over the past 10 years or so.

Considering all of the facts & history, when you try to understand the "magical" 9 State restriction for 2005's, one must conclude that Chrysler implied that ONLY those cars would be subject to the window adhesion defect. But that conclusion is utterly preposterous. Therefore: CO$T, as usual, is the bottom line. We can only wait for a decision from the NHTSA and we don't underestimate the power of the Corporate side.
Please forgive me for being so long winded.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1016131424.jpg (89.4 KB, 19 views)