Old 08-03-2015, 02:17 AM
Valk
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: 9th Annual Fall 2015 - Tail of the Dragon GTG-October 1, 2, 3, 4

Originally Posted by ewaynec
I can see where there is some confusion, some of the previous messages have been deleted, I didn't do it
This was the only post that has been deleted ....
Well, I just called Fontana Lodge to make reservations for the TOD and was informed they are completely sold out for the four days.'
There is nothing available.
Ya'll think about me.

I removed it was because I didn't want others to read it and think the lodge was full because after I spoke with them I discovered that it was not
This single missing post does not create confusion when reading the posts in the order they have been submitted

Don't you dare try to make this my fault.
I did make the effort, I called and asked for a room.
I told Gary I appreciated his effort, but if he had told us there were a limited number of rooms available it would have made a difference,
and this incident may not have happened.
I thought the only requirement was to book before Aug. 1st.
I did all that was required of me.
Any fault lies with Fontana Lodge and those who made the agreement with them.
First I'd like to thank those here who support me in your previous posts

Now let me make this perfectly clear for you Wayne (
ewaynec)

The words "ROOM BLOCK" or "WHILE THEY LAST" should be an indication or clue that we DO HAVE a specific pre-determined number of rooms allocated for our group
It has been this way each and every year Spring and Fall since 2007 with a contract agreement.
If you called the main onsite reservations desk on the Fontana property you also could have spoke with the on site reservations manager if needed but instead you somehow connected with offsite reservations who are fairly new and as it appears not well suited to handle GROUP reservations .
I have already addressed this matter with Fontana management and they are now fully aware what has happened in your situation and have even extended an apology for the inconvenience

Fact is......
Fault does not lie with those (me) who made the agreement with them
Fault lies with you for not reading or interpreting post #1 clearly as to a "room block" (
pre-determined number of rooms allocated for our group)
Stay home and be angry and pout etc. because you have no sympathy from me after your attitude and behavior here.

For the record:
This is a direct quote in the box below from post #1 dating back to April 7th 2015

Originally Posted by VALK
Room reservations
I have added Thursday night October 1rst to our room block this Fall for those who want to arrive a day earlier than the majority of folks who will arrive Friday

Just call (828) 498 2211 and ask for the reservations desk.
Tell them your booking with the "Chrysler Crossfire Group" to be certain to get our group rate.
Our discounted lodge rates are $79.00 (with Our Crossfire Group discount)
We have both 2 queen bed and 1 King bed rooms available while they last.
Rooms available for October 1, 2, 3, 4
Reservations must be made by August 1 to get a room at our $79 group rate

Last edited by Valk; 08-03-2015 at 11:15 AM.