View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 11:42 AM
LE Cross
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Question - improvement to my audio?

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
Sorry, I assumed that you installed it. If it was installed for you, maybe you can ask the installer. If not, you would have to take it out and look. I just put a Kenwood in mine a couple weeks ago, first I installed it with the speaker wires from the radio to the factory wiring, and it was much louder than the factory radio due to overdriving the amp. The Kenwood has a "volume adjust" which reduces the overall volume and on the maximum setting of 8 I could turn the volume all the way to 35 on the kenwood and still have clear music without overdriving the system. I wanted to wire into the rear subwoofers separately, so I changed it all to the pre-amp out RCA connectors, knowing it would be lower volume, which it was. I am still waiting to tear into it again, no sound from subs... BUT also in the Kenwoods settings there is Bass,Mid and Treble adjustments. I set the Bass and Mid to max, and the Treble to a couple steps higher, and it sounded a lot better, and a good bit louder. Plus you can still tell the speed/volume feature is working. Read the manual for your radio, check how it can be wired, and if you can ask the installer or look at the back of it, it will be obvious if they used the RCA pre-amp outs.
Also, I have to admit, getting the Kenwood to release is not as smooth as the factory radio.
Hello mate,

Really appreciate your time.

Yea the radio was not installed by me. It was installed when I bought the car.

I actually took the radio out last week in order to paint my console pieces. Not sure what I would be looking for though haha.

The settings you mentioned I will give it a go.

So you don't think new speakers are needed mate?