View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:18 PM
Billto
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 722.6 Transmission

Good evening Folks,
Hope this is in the right place. Run down of what I have, then the questions. I have a 2004 N/A Crossfire coupe, 36,500 miles Automatic transmission. Purchased this car in April this year. Not knowing much about them I felt it was running, handling fine. Then the strange things started to happen. Not all the time, pull up to a light, light changes and the car seems to have no power. Eventually it seemed to straighten out. The first time this happened I put it into reverse and it seemed to have no power. When I stopped the car, put it into forward it slammed in, put it into reverse, it slammed in. Went about my business came out started the car, back to normal. I read what I could find here on the forums and ended up taking it to a TRUSTED transmission shop. The owner appeared to know quite a bit about this 722.6 transmission and suggested replacing the connector outside the transmission, not sure what it is called. It was saturated. The o rings appeared to be leaking by. This was changed and the contacts cleaned and dried. Out the door. Now I notice I can actually lightly feel the transmission shift, up, down. NICE. I took a short trip from home today, about 30 miles. The car seemed fine, although I felt it should have shifted into another gear. Engine seemed to be a little higher speed than I would have expected. I do have a Magnaflow Exhaust on the car which makes it more noticeable. At 60-65 MPH the RPM's were between 25-2700. Step on the gas and the car would scoot. 65-70 MPH I was about 3000 RPM's. I have had 2 occasions of no power when stopping and starting up. I was able to shut the car off and restart and then it was back to normal. OH, NO CODES, no CEL and No pending codes this time. In the beginning I did have a P0715 pending code. Any and all help will be appreciated. At this time my thought is to go talk with Ted at the Transmission shop and see what he thinks. Maybe I have to replace the connector plate. Like I said earlier, this car only has 36K + miles on it.
Bill T.