View Single Post
Old 09-11-2015, 09:26 AM
pioneer4x4
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Check Engine Light

Originally Posted by jgreen
Yes.. I purchased the Bluedriver code reader and drove around with it for about a week. The two codes it prompted are:
P2096 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean Bank 1
P2099 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 2

In addition, BlueDriver had the ability to collected live sensor data which I sent myself each day.. After compiling the information I noticed some deviations under "Distance Traveled while MIL "Engine Light" Is Activated(miles)" and "Engine Coolant Temperature" The rows of information that had deviations I highlighted in yellow, the actual issue I changed the text color to red. See attached PDF.

As of last week the dealer advised to change out the engine harness. Instead of cutting wires and creating more problems.

The car itself is running better then new. Since they changed out the cats it has a ton more power!! But, as somebody who like to make sure the car is in perfect running order I would like to find out what is keeping the Engine Light on.

I appreciate all your help. thank you again!
Wow, I love that display readout!
1st thing I would do is look at the coolant sensor itself, wiggle the wire, unplug it, clean contacts, that sort of thing. I can't even guess how much a harness would cost to replace.