View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 12:13 PM
4drturbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Oil neck removal? (Picture)

Thank you for the pictures!

Well I made some progress this morning on removing the valve covers. Thought I would do a bit of work on it before work this afternoon.

Here are my thoughts and questions with some pictures:

I bought these a while back for my Crossfire. Unfortunately I could not use any of them for my coil packs. The base is too fat where it attaches to the socket and will not fit int he recessed hole. Fortunately I had a star bit that was the right size and I use a pair of vice grips and grabbed the end of the bit and broke it loose on the ones closest to the firewall that have limited space. I used a screw driver thing that you can attach those bits to for the other 2 near the front of the car. So got all those off.

I have a nice set of deep well E sockets for the valve cover bolts. I can barely get to the one on the drivers side near the firewall due to limited space with the heatshield but it is do-able

Does this steel line have to be removed to remove the valve cover from the drivers side?
IMAG1227_zpss82ga5vi.jpg

Idea where I am at with everything removed (Pass side) Spark plug wires do not have to be removed from anything to get valve covers off correct?
IMAG1225_zpsn0odp3rc.jpg

That shiny metal tubing in the front, that is just filled with air correct? Looks pretty easy to remove, I was thinking I could remove that and have that powdercoated too.

Thank you for all the help and insight, I am VERY cautious with this car and want to do everything correct with no hangups.
-Stephen

Last edited by 4drturbo; 09-15-2015 at 12:15 PM.