Engine, Exhaust, Transmission and Differential Post questions here that have to do with the engine, cooling system, air intake, exhaust, Transmission and Differential

Oil neck removal? (Picture)

Old 09-18-2015, 08:07 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Oil neck removal? (Picture)

Originally Posted by 4drturbo
Got it off! Found a thread on benzworld via google on a different car, but with similar breather covers. He used a wooden down on the underside and hammered to remove the breather covers. I made my own makeshift dowel that I had to modify with a box knife. It worked!
Now to get these puppies powdercoated!

Here are pictures of the access holes with the breather cover removed:

^ Passenger

Driver

Got the neck off on the valve cover. Now the oil cap will fit directly on top. I noticed there is no rubber o-ring on the cap. Is one needed since I am placing directly on the valve cover now?
The gasket seal is under flush and may not appear to be there, it is though, just poke it gently to feel the rubber.
The seal on the extension is the same size anyway.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Oil neck removal? (Picture)

So, after getting the crossover tweaked manifolds from Needswings, I checked in with this thread and appreciate the pictures 180! After carefully looking at the pics and then the interface between the breather cover and the filler extension, it seemed clear that the filler neck stops were designed to just "ride" over the mounting stops on the engine. So, I got a pair of large channel locks, put a bit of cloth in the jaws to avoid scratching the filler neck, and gently but firmly rotated the filler neck counterclockwise. Came off like a champ!! easy peasy. Replaced the leaky oil filler cap gasket, and then put the cap directly on the breather cover. No more leak :-)

This was my experience. Your mileage may vary LOL.