View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 09:14 AM
janaiy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Check engine light came up today

Originally Posted by Infinity
Crazy as it might seem, yes they can be related. The door lock system is vacuum operated. You will want to look in the passenger side of the trunk for signs of water. history of a water leak from the wing panel is known and on most crossfires it appears the drain plugs were left in the bottom of the trunk leaving no place for the water to go. It can take out the control module for the alarm and door lock system and cause issues. Only the Chrysler dealers system can read the alarm trigger codes (I have yet to see a scanner system gain access to that section of the system).

I chased an alarm problem for months with random triggers and while many here on the forum were calling for replacing alarm sirens, it turned out to be the switch in the glove box that was tripping the system when it got too hot or too cold.
I will check friday if this might be the cause. I am getting tired with my xfire. Every 6 months something is happening. It is relatively hot this summer in Miami, so hopefully I can resolve. How I know its the switch and where in the glove box I can find it and what should be done? Thx for the reply