Old 09-18-2015, 05:21 PM
TerryR
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler to Replace '05 Convertible Tops Under TSB - YAHOO!!

Originally Posted by Bob Caldarella
Believe it or not, I called Chrysler last night and spoke to a recall customer service rep. Seriously. 1-800-247-9753 and follow the one or two prompts. She updated my VIN with my contact information and opened a ticket or Case Number regarding the delamination of the glass window in my convertible top. Very important: The recall stated below is legit and has was updated in 2013. She read it to me from her computer screen. Yes, the 10 year, 100k mile warranty is in affect. However, the recall is VIN specific and on covers certain VIN's shipped into certain states in the US. California is not one of those states so my specific VIN is not yet on the list and I don't have , yet, a recall notice on my '05 Crossfire. Yet....

She did suggest to go get the car fixed at a Chrysler dealer and save my receipts. This way, when corporate gets my case number sent to them, they may eventually add my VIN to the list. I will then be eligible for full reimbursement. That is way more then I expected when calling "Chrysler last evening. Hope this helps you guys.
Bob, as the convertible top has to be completely removed from the car to repair the glass, they usually just do a one off, one on replacement, and dispose of the old one. Some people have even persuaded the dealership to give them the old top.