View Single Post
Old 10-20-2015, 09:24 PM
Franc Rauscher
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts
Default Re: Throttle Position Sensor?

Originally Posted by Brady517
So I ran the check engine light, and the crank position sensor, throttle position sensor, and an O2 sensor came up. Any idea where I can get a throttle sensor? My local auto parts stores don't carry them, and I have been unable to find one online for some reason. Thanks for the suggestions.
Codes come because something in the programing doesn't come through right. it could be the sensor or just the program faults because "something didn't go right. Keep in mind the Sensors can only tell what "DIDN"T" happen as planned.

As 180 suggested one thing can produce several codes. I get a2 02 code when the car goes lean onece in a while. E light comes on and despite replacing that sensor I still get it.

But the interruption in the throttle could just as well be an intake leak as a sensor malfunction or an actuator malfunction. Before I replacing sensors and actuators, I simply suggest making sure the plumbing is patent. Sometime the sensor isn't wrong, it's just sensing something wrong.
Not theory or a guess. When my roadster does exactly what your symptoms suggest, I often find the CAI has a loose joint. So poke around the cheap and free solutions before you buy parts.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 10-20-2015 at 11:03 PM.