View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 12:47 PM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Repaint: Black to White

Originally Posted by Padgett
I am considering respraying my black coupe an arctic white (GM code 10) and trying to decide what to leave black. I had a Fiero like that and my Judge is white with black accents (grilles, hood tach, spoiler, wheel centers) but having rouble visualizing what would look good (e.g. spoiler - white on top and black on bottom ?).

Any thoughts out there ? As you can see in the sig, I have others that are white/black but having trouble with the XF.
Paint every thing white except the wheel wells, the underside, the body under the hood, paint the hood though and inside.
Black is the only color that should be under the hood in the engine bay, white would look crappy and it saves yanking the engine etc. Any thing else looks like a cheap job.

See the job Fubu did on his car for an excellent job, his was Aero Blue to white. It looks professional not chintzy.
You really have to strip the car, no black should show except in the areas I mentioned. When you have black and with white over spray sitting side by side you'll kick you ***, or somebody else should.