View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Paulharb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trunk Lid Jammed

Hi, I have an 04 Roadster. Last Sunday afternoon my wife & I decided to go for a cruise down the coast. The car was parked in the garage with the roof closed. I got into the car & proceeded to put the roof down. I released the roof catch pushing it upwards. I then attempted to open the roof by pressing the the open/close button in the centre console but all l got was beep beep beep. I went to the boot to check if the partition was in the right position connecting with the micro switch. It wasn't in the hangers so l made it secure then went back inside the car & pressed the switch again. It wasn't long before I heard quite a loud bang & then the warning beep started again. As l again got out of the car to check what the problem was l had a sick gut feeling when I discovered that l had left the boot lid wide open & to my horror the bottom of the roof edge had locked itself over edge of the boot lid & was jammed solid. No matter how l tried to force it back to its normal position it I couldn't budge it so I decided to called it day & leave it jammed in the half open position & go out in the other car. I removed the Crossfire ignition key & went to a restaurant for a meal but all the while l couldn't get out of my my mind what a stupid idiot I was for not closing the boot lid before attempting to open the the roof. After arriving back home I decided to go go back into the garage to have one final look at the disaster I had caused. I kid you not what l saw made my hair stand on end. Somehow the car had UN-JAMMED ITSELF and the roof was fully closed. The only thing I had to do was secure the manual locking handle in the roof. Since doing this I have tried the roof up & down several times & it works perfectly. If anyone can come up with a good explanation how this could happen without any power going to it I would be eternally grateful. If not, I will carry thinking the car is haunted.
Just love that car