Old 04-05-2016, 11:23 PM
Charismatism
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multi-function Switch/Headlight switch replacement?

So I've had turn signal/high beam problems with my car since I bought it in 2013, though I did not realize it at the time otherwise I would have had it warrantied from the dealer -___-

Anyway, the high beams-on and "flash-to-pass" do not work, neither does the left turn signal. The 4-ways work flawlessly though, and there is no faulty bulb indicator lit, so I can figure that it's not bulbs or the headlight units themselves.

I picked up a multifunction switch from the junkyard for 40$, I figure for that price it's a painless hit or miss whether or not it's any good. But before I start tearing my steering wheel off (first timer!), is there anything I should look out for? I see in the service manual that the clockspring needs removed. Is there any particular procedure or special precautions/care needing to be taken? Should I expect to have to replace anything else? Taking a 13 hour drive in a month and I'd like my left-hand blinkers...

Thanks in advance y'all! I'll post pictures of the process with testimonials once I get started.