View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 07:37 PM
onehundred80
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: Electric spoiler in SRT-S coupe

Originally Posted by BibaResto
If I have a V8 installed, an electric spoiler would then work?

I have to admit I find it a bit unusual that there aren't enough SRT-6 owners that would like to have the electric spoiler. I would imagine that someone who knows their ECU enough could access the electronic data, then go from there.

It's pretty obvious that some of you know your wiring such as knowing which problem joint to re-solder to solve an ongoing problem.

I gather that this information is what is needed for installing the V8's in an XF. Or doesn't anyone install them in SRT-6's?

I know nothing about electronics such as what is a BCM?

Switch-wise, I would think an older up/down express switch and electronics might work with the motor. Wouldn't this set-up shut-off once completed automatically the same as it does with the windows?
If more people knew what goes on inside those little black boxes and could go in there and fiddle with the settings a lot of problems would be solved.
These aren't the old cars that daddy drove they run on a computer or three and if you can rip into your home computer and modify the programs in it to suit your whims go ahead and take the Crossfires black boxes out, reprogram them and fix all the niggling problems you can find scattered through out this forum.
Until then some problems can only be solved at the dealer, god help us, and we must kneel before their sacred equipment, putting us at their mercy every time we want the air bag light switched off, tire pressure sensors set etc.