View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 06:01 AM
MAGNATUDE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bluetooth 4.0 HD mod to factory system

With the wire harness and center storage console completed, it was time to do step-5 and that is to marry the console electronics to the wire harness. More details on the component board later...

It was important to have the cupholder and the handbrake lever trim removed to be able to have enough room to access and be able to tuck and ziptie the wire leads that connect to the dimmer switch and the voltmeter. It would have been nearly impossible to access those components with the brake lever trim and the cupholder assembly in place.

Wire access to the brightness potentiometer, auxillary DC power, magnetic reed switch and the Bluetooth A/B switch was not a problem.

Snaking the wire through and under the center console was probably the easiest part of the installation. I did, however, needed to remove the passenger side footwell air vent (with only one philips style screw) to pull the wire harness through. From there, I just ran the rest of the harness under a 4" section of the carpet and had the wire come out along with the other factory wire harness leading to the factory amplifier.

Ironically, with all the work that went into this mod and after everything was re-assembled, the only thing I had to show for is a nice little LED stainless steel switch by the cupholder.

Last edited by MAGNATUDE; 05-17-2016 at 09:28 AM.