Old 05-25-2016, 07:17 PM
unarel32
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Morimoto HID Kit Install & Review Thread. Pics and Lots of Reading!

I just installed these on my car. The kit looks different than in the pictures I see here. It's pretty much plug and play, the only modification is cutting a 22mm hole into each of the rubber grommets covering the bulb housing to keep moisture out. They look nice but I now realize I have a spider web in my driver side housing!

Install time was about 15 minutes for the passenger side (I did not have to remove my coolant reservoir, just moved some tubing) and 25 minutes for the driver side (had to remove the smog pump and some electrical block). It took an additional 20 minutes on each side to mount the hardware securely/inconspicuously and 30 minutes to run to home depot for a flanged M6-1.0 nut to replace the one I lost.

One piece of info I couldn't find elsewhere is that the black morimoto wire goes to the top of the bulb connector, which is the side of the connector with two wires. I tried it backwards at first and it did not work. They make a humming sound when running. I'm impressed with this kit - it really looks and feels like quality equipment.