View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 05:19 PM
Spoonchucker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The bell tolls for thee Crossfire...

What vehicle are some of you guys looking at as a potential replacement for your Crossie when it is time for the big boneyard in the sky?

Bought my '04 in 2010 for $11,500 with 17,000 miles on it - and drive it every day like I stole it, still looks great and runs as well as the did the day I brought it home but think this is going to be my last year in the club

6 yrs, 70,000 miles, 10 oil changes, RCM solder fix, 3 sets of tires, a new head unit - this car has been one of the most reliable, inexpensive to own vehicles I have ever had.

But, they aren't making them any more, and the last one rolled off an assembly line in Germany a decade ago....

Got 87,000 miles on the clock now, key is getting sticky and that will be the last fix I do on the car - plan to run her all the way up to 100,000 miles and hand her off to one of my nieces or nephews that could use a car - probably next Spring.

Have had so much fun daily driving such a unique and unusual car, have been looking around for something with some of the same characteristics - capable performance, low production numbers, good looking design.

Leaning toward the Aussie built (Holman) Chevrolet SS - not sure how in love with the look I am, but man, that car sure posts some impressive performance numbers and you don't see many of them on the road - performance wise it is a 4 door camaro SS.

And, as of 2015 Chevy started offering it with a manual transmission - think that is the next hoopty..

Anyone have one of these? Think they only sell a couple thousand a year, adequate successor to the Crossfire?

SC