View Single Post
Old 07-21-2016, 08:54 AM
djohn14296
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Re: The bell tolls for thee Crossfire...

Originally Posted by Spoonchucker
What vehicle are some of you guys looking at as a potential replacement for your Crossie when it is time for the big boneyard in the sky?

Bought my '04 in 2010 for $11,500 with 17,000 miles on it - and drive it every day like I stole it, still looks great and runs as well as the did the day I brought it home but think this is going to be my last year in the club

6 yrs, 70,000 miles, 10 oil changes, RCM solder fix, 3 sets of tires, a new head unit - this car has been one of the most reliable, inexpensive to own vehicles I have ever had.

But, they aren't making them any more, and the last one rolled off an assembly line in Germany a decade ago....

Got 87,000 miles on the clock now, key is getting sticky and that will be the last fix I do on the car - plan to run her all the way up to 100,000 miles and hand her off to one of my nieces or nephews that could use a car - probably next Spring.

Have had so much fun daily driving such a unique and unusual car, have been looking around for something with some of the same characteristics - capable performance, low production numbers, good looking design.

Leaning toward the Aussie built (Holman) Chevrolet SS - not sure how in love with the look I am, but man, that car sure posts some impressive performance numbers and you don't see many of them on the road - performance wise it is a 4 door camaro SS.

And, as of 2015 Chevy started offering it with a manual transmission - think that is the next hoopty..

Anyone have one of these? Think they only sell a couple thousand a year, adequate successor to the Crossfire?

SC
Hellcat would be more fun and what do you have against your nephew(s) and niece(s)? Unless they are mechanically incline and willing to perform the future repairs, might be in over their heads? Just a thought.....