View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 04:04 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Sound System in Crossfire Roadster

Originally Posted by Tony Curtis
I am curious about the Blaupunkt St Louis. Snowtop, did you install it yourself ? if so, did you make any special adjustments to get the sound from the subwoofers. Also did the volume increase with the new unit or is it about the same ?
Look at the date of post - he's not been here in six years.

I can tell you THIS, my $85 JVC blows the factory unit away in several ways - not VOLUME, but in quality of audio and versatility, it is a whole new world over the factory stuff. I've been told for the seven years I've owned my three Crossfires that the factory sound in our cars can be vastly improved for little money, and last summer when I brought the SE home (with a defective OEM radio) - I went to Best Buy and got a new JVC (kinda funny, I WORK for JVCKenwood but it was easier to just go to BB than go thru our marketing people!)

Well, the JVC head is simply AWESOME. AND, the documentation showing it's wiring was WAY clearer than the factory mess. It was an easy matter to sit with the wiring sheet for our cars, compare it to what the JVC's wire colors were, and know which wire from the JVC goes to what wire in the car.

Mine is technically a Base model, now to get an amp and put in speakers behind the seats.................

Last edited by pizzaguy; 07-30-2016 at 04:07 PM.