View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Eracer76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stock front speakers rock!

Originally Posted by BlackCrossFire6spd
This is true, it is not always the quality of the speaker. Everything that goes to the speaker is important. if you have a $200 amp powering $1,000 speakers, they will sound like crap. Same goes if you have $1,000 amp powering $200 speakers. they will sound like crap. (the best they could sound, but the amp is overkill) you need to match up components by quality. Yes, hooking up a JL amp to the fronts will make them sound great, but this amp is too good for these speakers. upgrade to some quality speakers like a set of $400 MB Quarts or Focals, and they will make the stocks sound terrible. Also, running new heavier gauge wires into the doors is a great idea, especially since it is so easy.
Are you an installer? I'm just wondering is all.
I've installed so many makes and models of speakers in my 10 years of experience, that I've seen some of the best, and let me tell you...the stock speakers are just as good as some $400 aftermarket kinds.
Have you actually taken the door panels off and held the stockers in your hand?
They are not bad at all, and I'd be willing to bet that they are designed to be in "that" door.
They can produce mid-bass like I've never heard before, of the same size aftermarket speaker that is.

I actually have a set of $400 JL Audio XR 650 CSI component speakers sitting in my basement that were in my previous SRT-4. They sounded great, but I think the stock Crossfire speakers are just as good sounding, produce more bass up front, and are not worth replacing IMO.