View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 08:27 PM
Michael11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dyno/power question

Attached are the results from today's pull on a Mustang Dynamometer. I have limited modifications that include:

1. 62mm EC pulley
2. Single CAI from NW
3. Stock Tune

First pull we did in gear 3 and had almost 400lbs of torque, which makes sense because that's where I felt the greatest effect after the pulley change. Second pull was a 4th gear pull at 5800rpms, and the numbers are self evident. 350HP at the wheels, 342lbs of torque. AFRs were 12.2. He says the HP was on a steady climb and he could have got a few more at redline. Torque leveled off.

Now, I'm a little disappointed because I expected 350 numbers in both torque and HP. I have no tune, and this guy is saying that the benefits of an EC tune don't warrant the cost. Thoughts? He said that AFRs indicate a good ratio, and he feels like exhaust and a TCU tune are the answer.

I don't really know what is good or bad with these SRT6 motors as my experience is with carbuereted small block Chevy motors or Mopar big blocks. He said the numbers are solid, but I've seen a lot of comments that show better torque and around 5-6HP increase with similar modifications. HOWEVER, those comments rarely have a dyno sheet with results. So.....give me some input gentleman. Will an EC canned tune boost these numbers enough to get excited about? Are these normal numbers for the limited mods I have?

Your input is appreciated.

Last edited by Michael11; 09-07-2016 at 08:31 PM.