Thread: Air Bag Recall
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 04:50 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts
Default Re: Air Bag Recall

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
I bought a 2004 DS Airbag from an eBay vendor. But the Airbag is for the 2-tone gray interior and I've got a Dark Slate Gray version. Wondering if I can remove the air bag & exploding charge module from the 2-Tone version & re-install it on my Dark Slate Gray version. That would remove the Takata issue from my car. Going to look at this over the weekend.

I already asked Chrysler if that was an acceptable repair for the recall and they stated that the Feds require a new Air Bag module to be installed.
I have asked Chrysler if they can use a 04-06 bag BUT again they ignore customers and treat them like crapola. Why can't they use a mismatched color UNTIL they acquire the correct one like they are doing with the ones they are installing into NEW cars (that they were all caught doing and ordered to stop).

Yeah, the recall has to be done according to the law BUT in my opinion there is no way to trust Chrysler isn't swapping modules already. They already got caught putting the defective airbags into new cars so that down the line they can replace it again after supply ramps back up. There is a few others who also are using the 'non-desiccant' ammonium nitrate airbags, they also were ordered to cease this practice. Quite good reading that summarizes this whole problem here ( Massive Takata Airbag Recall: Everything You Need to Know ? News ?*Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog ).