View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 04:50 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts
Default Re: H7 high beam watts

Originally Posted by rush549
How safe are you when someone mashes into you because you blinded them?
If that isn't a concern, courtesy should be.
In my opinion, if you think you need more light, you are driving to fast to begin with.

Plus 1, people don't know how to drive let alone know how to turn off high beams BEFORE they splatter my eyes with two red dots. Goes along with the morons who change the geometry of the car by jacking up the front and not readjusting low beams (or any beams).

Originally Posted by DHS
Yes commen courtesy is required when on the road and a good driver is aware of on coming traffic. So the difference is really are you a driver or just someone who is clueless on the road. My commute is in the early mourning in rural central Georgia, I see a dead deer at least twice a week and have sent four Bambi's to Deer Heaven. I would guess that each one cost about $1200 in damage not to mention the time in the body shop.
So since 1973 when a bolted on a set of Cibie's 195's with 100watt bulbs on my Capri I have had powerful head lights on every car I have owned. I believe excellent lighting is a safety factor and decrease the chance of an accident. Sticking to light standards that were established in the 1940's is not a good idea. I have never been stopped because of my lights, and try to be extremely conscious of my lights anytime I am driving at night. Three of the deer I hit I was not going over fifty when they ran into the road. Twice I feel the extra light gave me an extra few seconds to get on the brakes, still I hit them but at a cheaper speed!
And if you are one of those A-Holes who like to drive around with your brights on, 400 watts of light will get your attention real fast.

Funny how ppl who are jacking the candlepower of their forward looking at night 'view' always seem to have some reasoning to be righteous (not). Attitudes like yours are why road rage incidents occur especially evidenced by your last sentence. Throwing 400 watts into some ppl's faces just might get you a head-on wreck. Seems your prepared for that outcome as well? The light assembly you 'rig' will be part of the lawsuit (if your victim survives). If you cannot control your speed vs animals then you should slow down. You also casually ignore laws that limit the wattage of bulbs installed AND the many fake incandescent bulbs with promised high wattage outputs. Chew on those facts a little, or not. I suspect you'll choose the 'not' avenue.

Sometimes, age isn't a gauge of how mature you are.