View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 08:03 PM
pizzaguy
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts
Default Re: Any tips for winter storage?

I'm probably going to be putting my Crossfire away for the winter in the next few weeks. It's going to a 10'x15' semi-heated (doesn't get below 50 degrees) storage unit for $129/mo. I couldn't heat my own garage for less than $100/mo. so I think it's pretty reasonable.
Agreed. Mine sits in such a unit year round!

Right now I'm driving off the tank of gas I put in about a month ago so I can fill it halfway with fresh gas and let it sit on that. I don't intend to add fuel stabilizer unless somebody tells me it's necessary.
Fill it to about 90% with 100% premium gas (no damn ethanol) and add 6-8 ounces of this stuff:
https://www.goldeagle.com/product/st...uel-stabilizer. Drive the car 5 or 10 miles to make sure the fuel rail and injectors get gas in them with the stabilizer in it.

I don't think I'll leave a battery tender on it full-time either. I'll probably stop by at least once a month and charge it.
Just go start the engine every month and let it run -- no charger needed, unless you have some awful drain going on.

I heard you're not supposed to start the car occasionally while storing either. Anybody have any opinions on that?
Its your average foolish 'wives tale" kind of advice. Very common these days.