View Single Post
Old 12-10-2016, 12:34 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 391 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Re: Headlight Adjustment

Originally Posted by Salty Dawgs
I'm a new "Kid" on the block, having recently purchased a very low mileage 2008 roadster for my wife. Overall it's in GREAT SHAPE!

I noticed that the headlight adjustment on the drivers side is out a considerable amount between high beams and low beams. One is much higher than the other, in respect of the passenger side. It appears that there is no way to adjust the difference independently?

I had a very good look at the back of the light assembly, and noted that there seemed to be adjusters there under a plastic white cover plate, where one could put in an Allen-wrench. Turning the screw did nothing. Does anybody have any good ideas here please?

cheers,
Ted

You may have already 'screwed' the dog on this one (or was it already pre-screwed before you acquired the car?). Did you check and see if the bulb itself is correctly in the housing? The low and high beam bulbs are orientated 180 degrees apart from each other in their respective housings. The 'tab' on the H7 bulbs fit into a notch in the housing. When you get either one orientated correctly, the other one is 180 degrees rotated in its housing to fit correctly. One goes 'north', the other one 'south'. Other side is the same. Both high beams are one direction (not sure if tab is up or down), the lows are opposite. Once you get them seated correctly, only then can you now attempt to realign the aim. If the aiming 'screws' have separated from the adjustment 'nut', you have to get it re-seated. There are some posts about it but I have no idea how to reattach the adjustment screw it its matching 'nut' that will allow you to correctly aim the properly seated H7 bulbs in the housing. Good luck!