View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 11:19 AM
GraphiteGhost
Received 392 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Re: Headlight Adjustment

I had the pleasure of opening up my front end when I first brought the girl home back in 2009 (or was it 2010). I upgraded to the Sylvania Silver Star H7's and when I tried to install them, could not. So, with the service manual and a set of tools, the ONLY way I got the headlight assemblies out to easily install the H7's, was to completely remove the front facia. No matter how much I loosened the facia, and even before loosening the facia (with all the headlight assembly attachment points removes) the dang things would not come out. That said, and me not wanting to damage/scratch them, is why I took the facia off. It was SUPER easy because the car was new and no rust/accumulated dirt, or any debris, hindered its mounting points quick and easy removal. Our son helped hold it up/protected it from any movement until placing it on the carpet in the home. Some of the front ends individual assemblies allow their easy removal (the headlight assemblies), but in my case the original assembly of the car completely prevented easy removal of the headlight assemblies. Have fun, I did!