View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 07:52 AM
Speedy4x4
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Best sounding exhaust for our engines

I finally had a chancestors to get my exhaust done, was planning on 2nd cats delete and putting muffler to replace them then dual back to a pair of tips. And wanted to get ride of the sharp bend in the pipe from wrapping around the rearend then up into the muffler.
Talking to the shop owner he agreed and said the would be the best place, picked up last night and immediately noticed he put the muffle back in the back
Looked under neath and he didn't do anything we talked about.
He demolished my new $90 tips just cutting them down so much to weld them on the muffler, and welded on on crooked.
I got the magnaflow 11378 instead of borla due to measurements, for exact size as the rear cats for the stainless pipes coming back, to keep, one side is already flanged in front of one cat, he was supposed to flange the other side and have the muffler bolt in there then the dual pipes welded on back and not much of a bend behind differential then to the tips, nice and smooth and when it comes time to do driveshaft work would also unbolt and come off easy and be out of the way.
He got rid of my stainless pipe and put his smaller 2" instead of 2 1/4" from front cats all the way back and chopped up my muffler and tips and sharp pipe bends to get it all cramped behind the reared. And crap welds, really bad.
And also the drone inside is louder than the exhaust outside, with all the long interstate drives and lots of straight hours I have a good radio, and a 2400 watt and a pair of keep my *** awakers (subwoofers) do not compare to this drone, I should be in a spl compitition with just my exhaust, and driving up hill is worst.

I have a 4.5 hr 1 way drive Sunday night to for work then omw home we'd and his is fixing his **** up Thursday.
I couldn't stand it on the 5.4 mile country drive home let alone 9 hrs. The exhaust sounds fine, but I'm cab drone is 1000 times worse.