View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 11:45 PM
Larry Hitze
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Relay Control Module

Originally Posted by MichaelMurugan
Greetings,

Have a periodic issue with starting my 2005 Coupe and saw a couple Utube videos on the subject indicating that it is due to a faulty part - A1705450005 (according to Chrysler dealer). Chrysler parts dept said it is a Mercedes part and to order from them; Mercedes parts says it is not their part and must be ordered through Chrysler and that they do not service Crossfires or install parts. When the problem occurs the key will turn but that is it. Cooling fan comes on and the dashboard is black with all the warning lights on. Anyone out there had such an issue and is getting an aftermarket part the solution?
If it is the relay control module it for the most part can be fixed. A problem with these is the solder joints become loose and just need desoldered and re soldered. Also from time to time one of the relays will go bad and that also can be fixed. If you can't or are unable to do it yourself a gentleman on this forum (tighed1) with do it for a nominal charge if you mail it to him. He fixed mine about 8 years age and it still works fine. Where in Indiana are you from might I ask? Aside from that you can order a new one online and put it in yourself it is very easy.

Last edited by Larry Hitze; 02-01-2017 at 11:48 PM.