Thread: Hood support
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 04:13 PM
sunsetseeker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood support

Hi! New member here. I just purchased a 2005 Roadster and am having some problems. First seems to be a common problem with the battery drain. The battery and the charging system is fine but the battery goes dead in about two days if not driven. I did the test unhooking the battery and connecting a tester between the negative terminal and the cable. I have about a low 60's draw somewhere. Pulled all the fuses in the compartment near the battery, but nothing changed. The real reason I am posting is the hood support (lift-o-mat). When I bought the car it was in the trunk. I am unsure how it attaches. The lower end is simple. Just the normal ball. I don't see how the top fastens. The hood has a pin sticking out and I can see how a "C" type clip would keep it in place. The end of the support has a button that says "press", but I must be missing a piece to connect the two. Can one of you gurus tell or show me what I need to get it hooked up? It will make the trouble shooting on the drain much easier. Thanks in advance for any and all help! I really love this car!!

Gary