View Single Post
Old 02-10-2017, 08:56 AM
zip439
Received 188 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Re: N/A 74mm Throttle Body Upgrade Guide

Originally Posted by kamilspider
I want do 74mm throttle body upgrade but I afraid that change MAF housing for bigger is not good idea. Anybody check exhaust temperature after change?
Our OEM MAF is designed for OEM 68 housing, if we change only housing for 74mm I think that MAF give not correct infos to ECU. Car can work, maybe have more power but probably this is not good for engine. I think after change for housing 74mm we must remap ecu.
Change only throttle body for 74mm and use old 68mm MAF is no problem.
I think good or not?
Kamilspider, you are thinking along the correct path, but what we do is change both the throttle body and the MAF housing to 74mm AND use the original MAF sensor. The ECU will figure it all out as it is programmed from the factory to work correctly. You will need security torx socket to remove and reinstall the MAF sensor. There has been no reported exhaust temperature problems to the best of my knowledge. As George said we also do the cold air intake along with the 74mm switch to help keep intake air temperature at ambient as the original air filters on top of the engine get too warm from engine heat.