View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 06:51 AM
dedwards0323
Received 523 Likes on 416 Posts
Default Re: Airbag Recall Parts In

Originally Posted by Valk
....Why would anyone here have any confidence in a tech doing this right and have confidence that the airbag would deploy if ever needed ?
Many here feel the dealer generally cant do anything correctly when working on our Crossfire.
This is the primary reason I asked to be serviced by Benson CDJR in my area, rather than Big O Dodge, which was the closest dealership. Big O Dodge took over the Chrysler/Jeep dealership from Crown when Chrysler consolidated years back. So Big O Dodge has never sold Crossfires and probably doesn't have much, if any, experience working on them. Benson sold the Crossfire and should have Service Techs familiar with working on these cars. But as a precaution, I think I'll take a copy of the airbag removal & install from the Service Manual just in case the Service Tech is unfamiliar with the procedure. FCA should have provided to the dealer service centers clear instructions on how this recall is to be executed.

Went back & added the attached files. Curious to know if Chrysler Service Techs perform the Verification Test when they complete the airbag recall. Only way to guarantee that the SRS (Supplemental Restriant System) will function properly. They have to make sure there are no trouble codes present.

Attached Images
Attached Files

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-18-2017 at 07:51 AM.