View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 06:10 PM
GraphiteGhost
Received 386 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Re: Airbag Recall Parts In

Originally Posted by JohnM55
Took my 2008 roadster in to the local Chrysler dealer (large dealer in a major city) for the airbag recall yesterday morning. In the early afternoon got a call asking if the airbag light had been on before I brought the car in. Told them "no" and that there were no issues or symptoms besides the recall itself. Got another call late in the afternoon saying that they wanted to keep the car overnight "to see if the airbag light goes off". Based on prior messages in this thread, beginning to wonder if they botched the procedure and do not have the correct tool to reset the light. Checked back with them this morning and all the service advisor could say was that they had their shop foreman working on it and had no new information yet. I'll post again later when they sort it all out for the benefit of other owners planning to get this done.
Originally Posted by JohnM55
Dealer's service advisor called this afternoon. Said they would need the car for another day. Confirmed they were locating/acquiring a tool to reset the airbag warning light. And so ends day 2 of the airbag replacement saga. At least he offered to keep her inside so she would not be out in the elements.

IMMEDIATELY start a case with FCA/Chrysler! Typical incompetence and lack of training on that service department. All they had to do was disconnect NEG, wait 2 minutes, take out airbag, replace module, and reinstall. The problem (I suspect) comes when they do that 'required' SRS verification WITHOUT the proper tools (electronic cards/program). IF the SRS system was not 'triggered' (ie an accident or deployment), then that last (unnecessary) step IS NOT NECCESSARY! Check out how many XF members have removed/changed/replaced (with a MB wheel cover or the paddle shifter) without problems! IT IS ON THEIR DIME when they screw your car up!