Old 04-17-2017, 09:03 PM
Valk
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 457 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Re: This is an attempt to clear up controversy

No worry Wayne..this thread (your thread) will remain open
I closed the other thread you refer to because I created that thread and it was created in the CICCI awards section because it was a recognition award given by the club.
This other thread was not closed to stop you specifically from further response.

I did not want my Award thread with a positive announcement to be subject to negative opinions.
I should have closed that thread right after I created it.

As Mark said the award was for
THE STAFF
The award was presented to THE STAFF
The award was
Not for the beds, Not for the rooms, Not for the food.
The management has provided us all for 10 years rooms for only $79 to $89
The management has become a sort of Crossfire extended family and I feel many of us who have attended from the beginning feel that way.
This was the reason for the award.
Recognition to the Fontana Village Staff

As for the posts you say were "deleted"
from the Fall 2015 thread where all this began:
This was the only post that was deleted in the Fall 2015 thread ....
Originally Posted by ewaynec
07-30-2015, 03:23 PM
Well, I just called Fontana Lodge to make reservations for the TOD and was informed they are completely sold out for the four days.'
There is nothing available.
Ya'll think about me.

This explanation above was also posted in that thread to clarify what had been "deleted" and why.

I removed it was because I didn't want others to read it and think the lodge was full because after I spoke with them I discovered that it was not full
This single missing post does not create confusion when reading the posts in the order they have been submitted.

The rest of the back and forth conversation began in POST 188
Your first post was made at 3:23pm which I saw within minutes
My post was made at 3:47pm and I had already called the lodge and verified they had rooms available
I sent you a PM at that moment to let you know that you could call them again and book a room.
At no time prior to me calling the lodge did you tell me you didn't want my help.
You didn't even know I was trying to help
It is my nature to rectify problems like theses if they occur
I am the one who signs the contract with the lodge so naturally I involve myself quickly if I am able and I was able on that day
There was obviously someone on the phone who was not helpful when you called but within 25 minutes that was resolved and you were informed of this.
This link had pretty much summed it up in the Fall of 2015 >> HERE

I share all this because this is my opportunity to "attempt to clear up a controversy" as the thread title here says

Last edited by Valk; 04-17-2017 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Easy search links added